respawning a bot/pawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

respawning a bot/pawn

I'm a relative beginner, and i want to respawn a bot when it dies, simple enough... right?

the bot spawns when the level is loaded just fine, and i use the Event -> pawn -> death and connect it back to the original actor factory that spawned the bot in the first place, but nothing happens.

I put an comment in the death event that should appear when the event triggers, and the comment never even appears. It appears the event never triggers... help? i am using the feb version of UDK if that makes a difference.

no one knows the answer to this? Is it really that complicated?

Comment

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I believe that you need to set the spawn count to higher than one. Again unsure, but I'm assuming this will immediately spawn multiple bots at one time. However, it appears you can expose the -benabled- variable, so perhaps toggling this variable is the answer for that problem. You may need to add a spawn delay in order to "catch" it inbetween spawns.

Comment

hey i would realy like to know how to do this too
        i cant get hitpawz idea to work

Comment

sussed it!

i found the answer here http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KismetUserGuide.html
          Dynamic Binding Events

just feed the Death back into the ActorFactory
          have more than 1 spawn point to stop the kismet warnings

Comment

Working...
          X