Creating a hoverboard game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a hoverboard game

I am feeling cocky after getting my first character in the game and I am thinking of creating a hoverboard game and I am wondering what exactly I need to do to make my Death match enable the use of hoverboards? I have never actually figured out how to use hoverboards as UT3 would never run on my old machine and so I have zero experience with hoverboards and how to impliment and use.
    If anyone can help with a tutorial or anything I would most

There's a boolean in the default properties of the game mode classes (so long as they extend from UTGame).

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I have no clue what boolean means in terms of scripts and code.
      I pasted the code below I found in the UTGame file into my gametype file:

// hoverboard
      var bool bAllowHoverboard;

It returned errors saying the two files conflicted

Comment

To use hoverboards you need to use the correct naming convention ie. "VCTF-My_Level" or go on view> world properties> and find the 'game type for pie' setting. You can also delve into the deep and try to script it.

Also to get on a hoverboard press 'Q'

Edit:
        No probs JohNLA
        I had the same problem myself not long ago...

Comment

Thanks Henzy. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by JohNLA View Post
            Thanks for the reply but I have no clue what boolean means in terms of scripts and code.
            I pasted the code below I found in the UTGame file into my gametype file:

// hoverboard
            var bool bAllowHoverboard;

It returned errors saying the two files conflicted
            just initialise it to true in the default properties;

defaultproperties
            {
            bAllowHoverboard = true
            }

Comment

Hey fellas! My first post here.

So I just tried setting this up, allowing the hoverboard in deathmatch games by changing the UTDeathmatch.uc for funsies. It didn't work though. I WAS able to enable the hoverboard by giving my custom map the VCTF- prefix though.

The trouble is that even though I set bAllowHoverboard=true in UTDeathmatch.uc, and run the map with the DM- prefix, I still don't have the hoverboard. Is there something deeper going on that I'm missing or did I just goof somehow?

Comment

hey that cool... i was having some trouble with the game and its all solved now... i think you people are professional gamers keep it up and thnx for the info

Comment

I would imagine that allowing or enabling a hoverboard is not the same as providing one in the level (as a pickup or whatever) ... and then again by no means the same as implementing the behavior and interactivity of a custom overboard. I'd personally love to see a demo video of a super surf (Chopper from 2000AD) style hoverboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X