Different enemies through kismet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different enemies through kismet

We've got our whole editor transfered over to our own game so that when we test and play the game or package it, we're running our own assets. With that we've already got our own custom player controller and we're spawning our own characters. They show up as the player and the bots in all game modes.

The thing I want to do is start building a singleplayer mission style level and I wanted to use kismet to drive the enemies but I can't even figure out how to spawn different creatures and have them move. I've got all of the assets for the individual enemies such as the animtree, animset and physics asset but all I can do is spawn the skeletal mesh through the actor factory. I can't get it to move around at all and it spawns with no collision and is floating above the ground. If I use the same enemy in a crowd spawner, it's on the ground and moves and animates just fine.

So how do we spawn different enemies and have them do different things that are scripted? Do we need to create code for all of the custom pawns? If so, that's not a problem but I don't even see anywhere in the actor factory to pick anything other than UTBot and UTPawn, so how do we tell it to spawn this one and not a default one?

I have the same problem as you mention:
    I can't even figure out how to spawn different creatures and have them move. I've got all of the assets for the individual enemies such as the animtree, animset and physics asset but all I can do is spawn the skeletal mesh through the actor factory. I can't get it to move around at all and it spawns with no collision and is floating above the ground.
    I notice no answer or at least no answer that I can see anywhere here. This is important for me after creating the skeletal mesh and anim and I can't use it inside Kismet

Comment

Working...
    X