Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Alright, I'll have to try that out too. Do you know where i could find any tutorials that cover how to do that? I am kinda new to the UDK ^.^
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just a suggestion; try attatching a cylindrical plane to the player that follows him round.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So a particle emitter that floats above the player in addition to the planes? That would fix it Although I have no clue how to do that, are there any tutorials on how to do this kind of thing? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Attach rain emitter to player, this will mask that no rain holes effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried using planes but it looked odd when you looked up (holes of no rain). A lighter rain material may make that less noticeable though.. I guess I'll go try planes again, Thanks

Edit: I still would like to know if a particle system based rain would be possible ^.^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rain is done using a mesh which is a bunch of plane's together then a rain material added on, there is plenty of examples in UT3 or GoW if you have them. Water droplets on the camera could be done by attaching a plane to the camera or by using a post-process effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to extend the OP's question if I may by asking how to get water droplets to trickle down the front of the camera, as a visual effect. As far as I know, we have no access to the camera's near plane.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Rain

Rain

Hello,
    I am trying to figure out how to make some decent looking rain. I tried using sheets with a rain material on them but it looked pretty bad. I was thinking about using a particle emitter, but I have no idea how to go about doing that. Any ideas on how I could make a realistic looking rain effect? Preferably without needing any modeling skills. Thanks
Working...
X