Terrain Setup Layer Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain Setup Layer Crash

Hey guys, Im trying to paint my terrain with grass, rocks, and snow.

So I created a new TerrainSetupLayer with autocreate and grass, and tried to add rock to it too, also tried creating a rock setuplayer, that crashed it.

Anyways, what Im trying to do is paint the main floor green, paint most of the mountains rocky, and then also paint snow ontop of the rocks, I think Id like to blend sand into the grassy areas aswell to look different and good.

Anyways, I was wondering how do I set it up so that I can paint layers like that, similiar to in the old unreal editor, but in the new UDK?

Thanks for the input.
    ~David

I guess one other thing that I really need to know by tomorrow (for a playable due for class) is how when a player pulls a trigger in a level, it will pull up the next level in the game.

If anybody knows a good place to point me to to find that out, that would be awesome.

~David

Comment

Originally posted by DrCrook View Post
      I guess one other thing that I really need to know by tomorrow (for a playable due for class) is how when a player pulls a trigger in a level, it will pull up the next level in the game.

If anybody knows a good place to point me to to find that out, that would be awesome.

~David
      Figured this part out, but not the first question, still getting crashes, though the grass looks nice, Id really like to have the ability to paint other textures aswell.

Comment

AMD Athlon II dual core 2.8 gig with 10 gigs ram video+ Geforce GTS 450, all drivers up to date wind 7 64 bit, pretty much this pc was built to run the UDK, in the Feb release of UDK when I create a new terrain and then open the terrain editor and then open the content browser, the UDK crashes, the best version of UDK that I was able to successfully create and build a capture the flag type game and host over lan was the Jan release.

Comment

Working...
        X