Fog resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just bumping the thread up in case someone has a solution.
    Is there any other way for someone to create enviromental fog maybe and not using fog volumes?

Musilowski thanks for the suggestion.
    Unfortunately all 3 kinds of fog volumes have the same effect on me :0\
    The problem is really too obvious on masked materials (like trees or fences) to be ignored by a player.

[shot]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2992/65722259.jpg[/SHOT]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried the HeightFog actor? Any difference? Have you played with the bloom settings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xendance View Post
    Well, at least there is some weird halo around your link gun. What kind of materials do you use on your trees? Masked, translucent, softmasked?
    It's a masked material. Those are just fake-trees serving lod needs. In any case once a fog volume is in, every masked material looks pixelised. Especially when the fog uses brighter colors compared to the object.

That halo around the gun only appears in "Play in editor" mode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, at least there is some weird halo around your link gun. What kind of materials do you use on your trees? Masked, translucent, softmasked?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have faced the same problem. It gets most obvious with the use of speedtrees however it is not limited to it. I had a sharp mountain peak in a rather medium lighted map showing the same problem. I did not find a solution for it, so I skipped the fog and played arround with a stronger DOF effect. Which is working fine instead.

dK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it isn't connected with masked materials. This effect is visible if objects on scene are very dark.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope it's not the trees... Once I remove the fog volume the pixelising thing goes away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You sure its not just the speed trees? They automaticly fade out over distance, maybe fiddle with the lod distances in its properties.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by micahpharoh View Post
    I honestly don't see it. If you could post a higher res image and maybe highlight the specific area it would help.
    Ok you're right. In this shot is a bit obvious though. Especially on the fake tree actors.
    [SHOT]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/917/18606387.jpg[/SHOT]

EDIT: It mostly affects masked materials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I honestly don't see it. If you could post a higher res image and maybe highlight the specific area it would help.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Fog resolution?

Fog resolution?

It seems that the enviromental fog volumes "pixelate" the distand statics and especially the LOD (masked) speedtree actors.
    Anyway to "fix" that?
    Thank you.

[SHOT]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6052/61531241.jpg[/SHOT]
Working...
X