Recursive Screen Capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recursive Screen Capture?

I was making mirrors in my level when I noticed that SceneCaptureReflectActors do not capture other scene captured materials. Reflections of mirrors would appear black, so I couldn't really put multiple mirrors in the same place without it looking really odd. I've done this sort of thing before, like doing recursive environment mapping in 3d programs, and I was wondering if unreal supported this sort of thing, or if I need to program it myself, or if I should avoid it entirely because it is too processing intensive.

Unreal 3 doesn't support it, and I don't believe you can add it using UDK. It's generally avoided because it's very taxing on hardware - and you've got to limit the number of reflections somewhere after all, which will always mean a non-rendered space.

Comment

Hmm, come to think of it the coding of that would be much harder than I thought as the approach I used before wouldn't work here. Before, since it wasn't real time, I could just change what object was reflecting what in between renders, where I'm not sure that could be done here. I guess I'll just avoid it since it's not really integral to what I was doing. It's nice to know anyway, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X