Kismet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet Question

I am trying to set up kismet where my character can shoot an object (static mesh) and the projectile can trigger an event once it hits the object...I have it set up already where my character can trigger this event when he walks into the trigger proximity but how do I set it so that him shooting the object can trigger the event instead?

I would post screen grabs but I think I have to have a website to do it or something because when I try to upload a file it says "enter file URL"....any help with this too?

With the staticmesh selected go to kismet and right click and select event with object blah blah blah and select takedamage event.

Comment

Thanks. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
        With the staticmesh selected go to kismet and right click and select event with object blah blah blah and select takedamage event.
        I did that but my character still has to touch the trigger...

What node do I need to use so I can shoot the object and how do I hook it up to my trigger to make it effect my emitters?

When my character shoots I just want the emitters (smoke, and electricity) to fire off to make it look like the machine was shot. It doesn't necessarily have to take actual damage (although that would be HELLA COOL!)

I just need to know what node to connect to the ones I already have set up to change the setup from a touch trigger (character touch) to a touch trigger (projectile touch) if possible.

Comment

Working...
        X