Terrain gone wild [Solved!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you ambershee!! That solved the normal material problem! (I've looked over the terrain manual over and over again and still couldn't find a solution myself). Can't believe it was that simple!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's a little button you have to press to recache the materials on your terrain in the terrain editor. I believe it's the RM button on the right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, I've solved that problem by (as funny as this sounds) deleting the duplicate of the terrain that I must have created by accident right underneath, but the problem with materials stays!

I have successfully deleted all the materials and started assigning them all over again from the top. So starting from the top - Grass, Rock, Sand. The first 2 materials work as they should, however when I add the 3rd Sand material, the areas that were previously Rock get replaced with Grass2 material, which I haven't even assigned to the terrain. And if I try assigning anymore, it just gets worse!

I must be either really doing something wrong here or the editor is bugged!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Terrain gone wild [Solved!]

Terrain gone wild [Solved!]

Hi everyone!

I've been having some really weird issues lately with my terrain - I currently have 4 materials assigned to it. Everything was going fine until I decided to add a new terrain material, with grass static mesh assigned to it, thats when things started to turn ugly - the materials didn't behave as they should in my opinion.

So to solve that problem I though I'll delete all the materials from the terrain and start over, however when I did that I got some really weird results - see for yourself:

http://i.imgur.com/ZisLc.jpg

So even though I removed all of the materials from the terrain - they are still there! I have tried restarting the editor and all, but no change. Does anyone know why is this happening, since I really don't want to create the terrain all over again!
Working...
X