Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I actually meant a delay in the loop itself, not the start of the loop :P

Strange it suddenly started to work due to that though. Seems like something else must've been causing a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, thats weird. I just included a delay into one of the Kismet Sequences after the player spawn event AND it worked. But also all other "not changed" Kismet sequences did start to work again. approx. 50...

I removed the delay AND... it continiuously worked.

So now I am really puzzled. Thanks for the help Wanderer. Maybe I should include the Delay from now on by default ;-)

dK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eAlex79 View Post
    You can see right on the S in the bulb that you need to make them dynamic.
    Not true, they work regardless (they are dynamic by default, the S means which channel they affect, they can be D/S as well).

So i tested myself, and they do indeed still toggle correctly (tested in an older build and the latest build). fyi i just placed them with their default values.

You say you ported the map into UDK, did you replace the lights? Are you sure the correct player is being tracked for player spawned (btw weird choice, i would've gone for level loaded for a fireplace).
    Also don't use a minimum of 0 for a delay, it tends to screw things up.

Also have you checked if the kismet code actually ever reaches one of the toggles (just output some text on the screen to see).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can see right on the S in the bulb that you need to make them dynamic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed this as well. They work if you make them dynamic, but they're not supposed to be dynamic iirc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Forcing Dynamic has no impact... :-(

Hey,

thx for your answers. Please see here an example Kismet screen.

Maybe I made a mistake that was not of impact on an older UDK?

dK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the Light must have set "Force Dynamic"..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you mean switchable? As far as i know you can still turn them off/on whenever you want with a toggle node.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic PointLightToggable

PointLightToggable

Hi all,

end of last year I played arround with emulating a Fireplace lighting with Particles/toggeablePointLights + Kismet. The result was pretty cool.

Today I figured out that the ToggeablePointLights are not switchable anymore. However I did not change anything on those, other then changing the UDK version.

Now I found some discussions on bots AI and the toggeableLights having a problem in the latest releases of the the UDK? Is this correct? I do not want to waste the time debugging something that might work in the next UDK release (hopefully).

Any input would be welcome :-)

Kind regards,

dK
Working...
X