64bit/32bit Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    So the February/January build issue was the problem, however now that I have it loaded up on my home 64 bit machine, there are some alignment issues that I cant solve due to the grid system. Anything that I added while on the 32 bit machine is + or - a certain amount off on alignment, particularly a stone staircase that I built looks like hell now, and trying to just go into geometry mode to move everything onto the grid doesnt seem to want to work, some vertices want to move to the grid and other vertices want to move just slightly off, but its very noticeable, even if you arent looking for it.

Are there any solutions, or should I just never go between these two machines again and just cut my losses and rebuild everything I did?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
    You should be able to figure out by looking at UDK.exe in the Binaries\Win32 directory. The February version is 32,459,032 bytes (Explorer shows 31,699 KB), the January version is smaller (32,113,944 bytes/31,362 KB).

You can also compare the engine version, which is displayed e.g. in the Frontend's About dialog. (6262 is February, 6165 is January)
    So I have the February version on my 32 bit machine, I guess the next step is to try out the february version on my 64 bit machine later tonight when I get home and see if that is infact the issue.

If this is the issue, do there need be changes made to unreal script when moving from january to february build? the script is relatively simple and not using anything extravogent. Or can we just move everything to february's build and then all the code should work?

Thanks,
    ~David

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should be able to figure out by looking at UDK.exe in the Binaries\Win32 directory. The February version is 32,459,032 bytes (Explorer shows 31,699 KB), the January version is smaller (32,113,944 bytes/31,362 KB).

You can also compare the engine version, which is displayed e.g. in the Frontend's About dialog. (6262 is February, 6165 is January)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post
    The Editor might use too much memory to run on your 32 bit machine. The app only gets 2 GByte of address space on a Win32 machine and 4 GByte on a Win64 machine even though the executable is a 32 bit one as we are "large address aware".
    So It is crashing on my 64 bit machine, which has 8 gig of memory. Both versions are supposed to be the same, however the 32 bit machine might have the february beta and my 64 bit definately has the january version. Everybody else on the team has the january beta, so I would like to stay there, however migrating I dont beleive would be too big of an issue. I would just like to ensure that is infact the problem before we all migrate if need be.

Is there a sure fire way to check which version is on my32 bit machine?

Thanks for the input,

~David

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Editor might use too much memory to run on your 32 bit machine. The app only gets 2 GByte of address space on a Win32 machine and 4 GByte on a Win64 machine even though the executable is a 32 bit one as we are "large address aware".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UDK Version?

Hi,

I just tried to go back to an older UDK version in order to test some things out. The Editor just crashed when loading the map. Do you use the same UDK version?

I am working also with a 32bit and a 64bit computer and it works fine...

dK

Leave a comment:

• started a topic 64bit/32bit Issues

64bit/32bit Issues

Hey Guys, I think that the issue Im having is between the different systems Im using.

I made a map on my 64 bit machine, then took it to a lab to work on it more (the machines there are 32 bit) and did some work on it, and brought it back home.

When I try to load the level on my home machine UDK Editor stops working. Pulling it back up on teh lab machine again, is fine.

The changes I made between the two is:

Filled in an office building and put alot of textures down and placed a few static meshes that come with the Editor. Everything is stuff that came with the editor. How do I fix this problem? My machine is a million times faster than the lab machines and I would like to continue to work on this level on my machine.

Thanks for any tips/hints.
    ~David
Working...
X