• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    thanks mate it worked

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right, i was assuming you are using a SceneCaptureReflectActor for your Reflection Texture, but it seems you use a SceneCapureCubemapActor instead - is that possible ?

Try using a SceneCaptureReflectActor and sample the RenderTexture in the way mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah but when i plug ScreenPos into mask and tick just R and G as you said i get an error:

Coercion failed: Local9.rg: float2 -> float3

when i check RGB

thats the effect i get:

So it doesnt really reflects the water as it should...

help :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you dont need reflection vector, it is only for prerendered cubemap. Read previous post, you need "Screen Position", not reflection vector

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry im so lame but when i tried to plug it into the UV's the reflection gets unlinked and the whole reflection goes to hell... Thats how my material looks like right now:

what do i link wrong? :F

Visceral yeah i know i rebuild the lighting after every change the reason it says rebuild lights on that screenshot is because i moved an inch one of the meshes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ScreenPos -> ComponentMask(R,G) -> TextureSample ( of your Reflection Rendertexture )

I hope that makes sense .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Talanar View Post
    umm.. sorry but where should i plug the ScreenPos node in the material editor??

thx for your reply
    Seems like thats the issue. Also, rebuild the lighting. You never know what issues that will fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    umm.. sorry but where should i plug the ScreenPos node in the material editor??

thx for your reply

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make sure that the "ScreenPos" Coordinate Node used for looking up the Reflection-Texture has the "Screen Align" Option ticked.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic water reflection problem

water reflection problem

Hi guys,

I've been following 3dbuzz tutorial on fluids and i was trying to create a pool reflecting my sky and surroundings

thats what i get:

the problem is that everything reflected in my water is beeing sized up x3 or something, and I want a normal reflection (now my character when its reflecting in the water is enourmously huge)

I've been trying to fiddle with the parameters and with materials also but i cant figure out a proper way to do this

can somebody help me please?
Working...
X