Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set collision with an object for only player 0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi, I was just wondering were in the menu that "Instigator" object variable is located? Or is that a custom variable you created before?

p.s. The source of my problem is trying to get a pickup to only be applied to one player in a multiplayer game.

EDIT: No longer an issue, just used a blank object and connected it to both the instigator of my touched event and the target of my action

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!

That works great.

If anyone else needs to know how to do this, here's a screenshot:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why don't you compare objects in kismet (conditions -> comparison), where object 1 is the instigator, object 2 is player 0 and if true -> fire the rest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Forsaken View Post
    But if you mean the Keys by the buzz tutorial. You had to select in kismet that the target is only the first player and not all.
    Yeah, I've been following the tutorials. I've started my own game from scratch now though.

These are my settings in kismet:

I can't find the setting to set it to only the first player.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But if you mean the Keys by the buzz tutorial. You had to select in kismet that the target is only the first player and not all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you will need to go into the AI code and tell them not to pick up these object. I presuming you are using weapon lockers or such atm - rather then a whole custom system so the AI is told to seek these out. I would look at this code and extend your own "Pickup object" then a player and AI version of these.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Set collision with an object for only player 0?

Set collision with an object for only player 0?

I've been creating a level where the player has to collect objects and avoid the AI enemies - however when the AI collides with an object, it picks it up.

I want only player 0 to pick up that object.

Is there anyway in kismet or in the object settings to do this?

Thanks,

--Burnout.
Working...
X