Bots navigation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots navigation problem

Just to test my level with bots i added pylon and generated Build Paths. My problem is that bot is spawned and stays and player start until it sees the player. Then it follows and shoots at me as he suppose to. So why doesn't he start running around the level by himself? or i need to make pathnode waypoints in order to do like regular bots deathwatch behavior?

hi
    i have been trying to find out anything about bot navigation for a while.
    either people are keeping things secret, or nobody knows anything about udk.

sorry i cant help you, but maybe you could help me.
    where did you learn about bot navigation?

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Navig...Reference.html

Comment

Originally posted by InhexSTER View Post
        Just to test my level with bots i added pylon and generated Build Paths. My problem is that bot is spawned and stays and player start until it sees the player. Then it follows and shoots at me as he suppose to. So why doesn't he start running around the level by himself? or i need to make pathnode waypoints in order to do like regular bots deathwatch behavior?
        The UTBots doen't use the navigation mesh, so you'd either have to use PathNodes or reprogram the bots to use the navigation mesh (AFAIK the NavMesh not ready to do everything that the path nodes do now).

Comment

With navigation mesh it looks like bots dont have objective, but as soon as they see player they can follow him in nav mesh area just fine. So why they cant just start going around by themselves.

Alright looks like there is no implementations for UTBot to use navmesh right now. fill have to put hundreds of pathnodes

Comment

Working...
          X