Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 3dBuzz top-down game tutorial

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to put this question so hopefully this is as good a place as any.

I've been following along with the excellent 3dBuzz tutorials about building a top-down game. My question is about the next-to-last video called "16_-_TopDownGame__024_AddingBots_PatrolBehavior.mp4". Basically, what I can't figure out (and was hoping somebody could explain to me) is why do the bots go all the way to their destination before turning around and going back to the origin? It seems to me that the way the author set up the "patrol behavior" in Kismet, it's going to loop through all the bots and start them heading toward the destination node, and then immediately (well, after a small semi-random delay) loop through the bots again and tell them to start heading back toward the origin, since the call to the "MoveBot" remote event doesn't block until it's finished. Obviously, that's not what happens (they *do* go all the way to the destination), but it seems like that's what *should* happen.

So can someone explain to me how the system knows to wait until the bots get to the destination before turning around and heading back again?

Thanks!
    Phil
Working...
X