Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geometry mode snapping

Hi all

when I am in Geometry mode and moving individual points (BSP brush), how do I snap one point to another that is less than 1 on the grid?

I was woundering if there is a key that allows one point (bsp) to snap to the location off another point that is not alligned to the grid, it's awfull difficult doing it by hand, and you can't snap using the keys because they are alligned to grid, the grid snapping is already on one, doing it by hand and zoomed to the max is still difficult.

Can anybody help!

Keith.

It's not good practice to have vertices off the grid, neither is it good practice to snap vertices onto other vertices of the same brush (the latter will usually cause a crash). If you want to snap vertices to the grid, go into geometry mode, select the vertices, set your grid snap to something like 16 and right click on the selected vertices.

Comment

there are times when your mesh are not align to the grid, and then you have no choice but to align off the grid.

Comment

There shouldn't be :P

If you have to rotate one big structure, best way to do it is to build it on the grid and after that rotate the whole thing. But even that can cause nasty bugs in the geometry.

Comment

If it helps, you can re-align a brush to the grid by right-clicking on a vertex; it will snap that vertex to the nearest grid point (and possibly temporarially move the pivot there; a red cross usually appears in any case_.

Comment

Thanks Guys, All the best.

Comment

Working...
            X