Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone like to make some levels as exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone like to make some levels as exercise?

I'm pretty new to unreal 3 and the udk, but i'm not completely in the dark. I would like to make a level or two to learn some stuff, and get a feel for it. Right now i'm a little overwhelmed and don't know where to start, and it would make things alot smoother if I had someone I could question, and help out with some stuff.

Here is some of my stuff just to show i'm not a complete moron. I'm comfortable modeling, and texturing and even some intermediate sculpting, but i'd like to get a better handle on Unreal 3, and the material editor, along with the general workflow of a level.

What kind of levels are you interested in? Indoor/Outdoor? Tunnels?

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
      What kind of levels are you interested in? Indoor/Outdoor? Tunnels?
      I'm pretty open. I have some ideas of things I would like to do, but i'm happy to learn, and I have alot of fun doing this stuff, so I guess that'll be decided when the time comes.

Comment

Well if you're not too picky i can make some terrains maybe. I am NOT very skilled in UDK though so will take a while :P

For basic terrain i use heightfields and then modify them to my needs...
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=716788

How big should they be?

Comment

oops, I replied to the thread in the link rather than this one.

"That's pretty cool man. I'm not sure yet about size or anything. I'd like to get a couple people on board and make a decision of what we're gonna do. I will let you know though. I'm going to be checking this thread regularly." hahaha

Comment

Working...
          X