Speedtree textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedtree textures

Does anyone has an idea how to make Detail textures work in UDK materials that i added to my tree (under branch material in speedtree) to add extra detail to some locations?

I have same diffuse on trunk and on branches but i added another texture under "detail" only for trunk.
    How is it set up in UDK material editor so that it places that detail texture in right place, not all over the diffuse material.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am researching the same issue. I generated a palm tree which has a "detail" texture at the top of the trunk, but I am not sure how to link it to the speedtree model and/or materials in the UDK.

Comment

UDK does not allow SpeedTrees to have detail textures, no matter what your materials look like. It's unfortunate, because detail textures can really make a tree!

Comment

I've gone around that one using an alpha channel in diffuse texture as a mask and a lerp node to merge different diff/nrm/spec textures, gives some variation to the material (blending mode=masked)

Comment

Working...
        X