REAL Skybox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REAL Skybox

Hello forum, every time i searched for it there was only that a Skydome or something will scaled around the map..But thats not good for my problem and i was afraid no one ever asked about it deeper than me now...I found in Ut3 a way similar to the Old Skyzone info a Sky that is not scaled around the playable map it is scaled separately but how to do this...

Because its a problem to make a real big Planet it will crush into the world and its really to difficult to make it look good in this way...So how to do this like the Sky in UT3 DM-gateway (3 Skys !!!!! so it must be possible)

Thanks in Advance...P.s as i see it this way also provide that the Sky is not blurred by DoF , there was a Thread about it but all said no you can´t separate the DoF blur from Sky,...i have to laugh about it because this can´t be the answer....I though about a Postprocess mod that notice were the Sky starts( perhaps its cleared with my question )

So here is what i said, in editor there is black and ingame there is a Sky....

So i look for it until i find it but perhaps someone know how to do this... i can´t see any Skyzone for it which really gives me a big question.....

Comment

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:...T3_Fake_Skybox

VERY expensive though

As for worrying that your skydome is too close, scale it up a LOT, we've accidentally put a drawscale of a million in one and it's been fine...

Comment

Ah ok ...well it seems this is not like this i see in UT3 or?

Otherwise,....a cant scale it bigger because this means its really outside of all....my Map is really big you know....i mean REALLY big....

Comment

Sorry for doublepost edit wont work, internet time problem -.-

Ok look this is no Faked skyzone it is one....

And there is the same thing and this is DM-Gateway too all one Level....

I deleted all Volumes but volumes does not controll this...So how is this made?

Comment

Are the skyboxes streamed in with Kismet?

Comment

o.O could be i will check that one thing is true, there is no Skyzone so all meshes in the Sky are not stored in the map...or i just can´t see it...I check this but there must be something producing it....

Comment

Go under groups and make sure all the groups are being shown.

Comment

It's also likely that there are actors that are hidden in the editor.

Comment

no idea....i testet everything.... also you can´t select the city... its a static mesh but all those things are really like Skyzones.... well i don´t know....

Comment

I already told you how to make them appear.... Go under the group browser and make them all visible -_-

Comment

I'm a little unclear on what you're asking about because of the language barrier, heh, but:

- Gateway is layered like a cake. You can use multiple skies because the pieces of the level are literally sitting on top of each other. It's an interesting approach because no one thinks vertically, but that way you can have separate skydomes for different parts of the level. Stack 'em up.
                        - DoF is definitely independent. Everyone seems to be blind as to the fact that there's View -> World Properties. Under WorldInfo is the default post processing settings for your level. There are two basic ways to control post processing, via the world settings and via a volume.
                        - I'm not sure what you mean by a "real" skybox, but many engines create an entirely different rendering layer for the sky, and then simply draw the world over the sky layer. This is similar to the way that first person is rendered somewhat separately from the overall game-world (which is why you can set a different FOV for your weapon that the game-world FOV).

Comment

How is that city in the background made?

Comment

you know i never found the new skydomes to be all that bad, you make it about 10x larger then your whole map and no matter where the player is they cant see the seams of the skydome, it looks the same from any perspective

hate to sound like a moron here but maby theres a way to attach the skydome to the player so it moves with them, this would be good for really huge worlds and streaming levels.

Comment

Working...
                            X