Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
    Anything can be done with programmers, UDK is the full unreal engine package.
    Not it can't, and no, it isn't. You have very limited access to gameplay source scripts, and nothing more. This places a strong artificial limit on what can be done.

Nevertheless, I'd anticipate that all the intended features are likely to be implementable within UDK, although some will be easier than others. The real challenge would be finding a programmer to do it, since most people aren't exactly sitting around waiting for someone to throw up a white 'help' flag and do it all for you. Especially when it seems like you want to create a project to meet a specific end..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so you mean i can change the source code?
    or can i do ist with scripts?
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction to go ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anything can be done with programmers, UDK is the full unreal engine package.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Help for planning and releasing a race project

Help for planning and releasing a race project

Hi everybody

i am actually new to this kind of stuff but i already played a little bit around with udk and i have to say that its awesome

Firt of all i wanna build something small.
    it just needs 1 Race track no KI enemy, 1 Racing car(only car and not allowing to run around).
    And the only thing that i wanna get with that is to write to a file for example every 10 meters the actual position on the track compared to the road.
    So that i know when he is not on the road. Because i wanna use that information for a chart.
    And the Driving Input should be realized with a racing wheel.

First of all is this possible with udk?
    and second, can someone give me a hint where to begin or which video tuts i should use.

i already have a car model in blender. can i use that for this porpose or do i need a new one which is "made" ?? in udk ?

hope you guys can give me some hints
Working...
X