Bind Camera to bone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bind Camera to bone

I wounder how I can bind the camera to a bone/mesh?

Tried with sockets, but I dont know how to get the camera to be fixed on the bone that it should follow

thanks in advance

After you've created the socket on your skeletal mesh, place it in the level. Add a camera actor to the world. Select the camera, press the red button up top with a black arrow on it called Socket Snapping (I believe). When it's active you should be seeing small red-like locators on your mesh representing your socket. While having your camera selected click the socket you want to attach it to and the camera should snap there.

If the camera isn't oriented properly I recommend offsetting the socket in the skeletal mesh and redo the steps above. Don't forget to deactivate socket snapping when you're done.

Comment

thanks alot Denny =)

another question, when i move my mesh, the camera dont want to follow, it there something I am missing?

when i go to my sockets, the camera is not in the sockets, so... how do I get the camera follow my mesh =)

thanks again =)

and I know a guy you know who made a "hjort" into Unreal Iam looking clooooosly at him at the moment =)

Comment

I did explain on how to attach the camera to the socket. Activate socket snapping in the editor, place the mesh in the world, select the camera actor and click the visible socket.

Comment

and then my camera moves to the mesh positions, but when I move my mesh the camera stands on the same spot and dosn't move along with my mesh

how do I get it to move with my mesh =)

Comment

I was just talking to the "hjort"-guy and it seems you meant moving the mesh in the editor and the camera doesn't follow. That's correct, the camera won't follow in the editor but it will in-game/PIE. You need to make sure you place the mesh properly, then attach the camera and finally don't move the mesh anymore.

Comment

Hjort:
              IT DO NOT WORK
              the "hjort-guy" is quiet awesome =)

anyway! I got it all to work! thanks alot =)

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBiX View Post
                the "hjort-guy" is quiet awesome =)

anyway! I got it all to work! thanks alot =)
                Indeed!

Now that you can import the camera, lets make the next UT3 but more awsome!

Comment

Now I got to some other problem, The camera starts, cinematic mode is on, looks awesome! you lay back, enjoy the sh... it stops! the camera stops! and then you go WHAT!?

I have put a cube on the bone that the camera follows, so if I watch "outside" the cinematic mode I see the cube does all the animation that it should, so I wounder if anyone got an ide why this is happening?

I looked in the directors cam, the anim is 1986 frames long (30F sec), the directors cam is longer than that and it's also set to 30F/sec

Edit:
                  It seems that it's a big jump when the camera freezes, is there some reason why the camera does that and is it a way pass that?

Comment

Working...
                  X