X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth of Field Inner Radius not working

Hey,

Here is an image of my DoF right now:

(Don't worry about that hard line you see, I know how to fix that )

I want the box that is further away to be visible and the closer boxes to be blurred. I think it's supposed to be working by changing the focus distance to a higher number and then tweaking the Focus inner radius.
    But that's the thing. Focus inner radius doesn't do a thing on my computer. Here is a screen if a make the DoF distance Higher:

So now I want the boxes on the left and right side to be blurred a little, changing the DoF Focus Inner Radius is not working...
    Anyone knows a solution?

Thanks.

Screenshots are a little big :P, sry about that.

Comment

So anyone knows anything about the dof_ inner focus radius?

Comment

You need to have some DOF near value. Currently it is set to 0 which is why you have no blur for closer objects.

Comment

okee, so I fixed that, now I know what every number does and why it is there. Now I also know why the whole DoF is not working correctly in UDK

I made my DoF now perfect for 1 camera position, but when movien around it should change dynamicly if it was real DoF.

What UDK does is always taking a constant value from the focus distance,
          this means that if I go towards my walls, the focus points will be behind the walls, and that is not realistic at all. They should change it so the focus distance is the point the player is actually looking at.
          The focus inner radius should also dynamically change based on this value. So the only values that are not dynamic is the kernel size and the falloff exponent.

Feel free to correct my if I'm wrong about this.

Comment

If you want to dynamically update DoF then make a script where it places a tiny Post process volume around the camera which is always updating the focal distance based on where your aiming. I tend to never use the DoF in the PP volume for the sole reason that it is fixed and unrealistic. It also messes with the gameplay. If you want true dof, program your own system that works the way you want it to. Only time I would use DoF from the PP volume is if I'm making a cinimatic sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Havoc89 View Post
              If you want to dynamically update DoF then make a script where it places a tiny Post process volume around the camera which is always updating the focal distance based on where your aiming. I tend to never use the DoF in the PP volume for the sole reason that it is fixed and unrealistic. It also messes with the gameplay. If you want true dof, program your own system that works the way you want it to. Only time I would use DoF from the PP volume is if I'm making a cinimatic sequence.
              I was about to dive in the scripting of unreal, so I could take a look at that, thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Havoc89 View Post
                Any tips on how to get started with this? Can it be achieved through a material effect or kismet?

Comment

Working...
                X