Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking a .UDK for PS3 UT3

Recently I have been working on a map.

My intent was to at some point get this map on my PS3 as I knew that it was possible to mod Unreal Tournament 3

Although I have only realized that UDK and UT3 are different.

Because when I attempted to cook the map for the PS3 I was unable to do so.

Now I own a copy of UT3 on my PS3 but not on my computer

Is there any way I can get it across, or would I have to ask someone with the cooking utilities to do it for me?

Or is it impossible to cook a UDK file across to UT3

UDK files are different to UT3. Some things will work others won't but the main point is that you won't be able to load the UDK file into either version of UT3

Comment

Agh, great just what I didn't want to hear :P

Umm Change of plans then, I will have to just show it on my computer I guess

Comment

really?

Is there actually no way you could cook off your UDK project as a UT3 mod?
        I mean, for the sole purpose of multiplayer-ing on PS3?

I Have to dev in UT3 for this benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dooley View Post
          Is there actually no way you could cook off your UDK project as a UT3 mod?
          I mean, for the sole purpose of multiplayer-ing on PS3?

I Have to dev in UT3 for this benefit?
          There are differences in both the UnrealScript source the level files created in the editor, so the only way to cook them for UT3 is to build that stuff in UT3. The only way to then get to the PS3 is to cook your UT3 files using the PC version of UT3.

Comment

Yeah, that's true, and I guess they're not updating that material (which makes sense... hours spent for what)...

That blows hard... I was stoked on the thought of playing the game on PS3...

It would be nice to see a patch for the PS3 version that would simply add the elements such that the PS3 UT3 would recognize and execute the UDK game... say in a shell of sorts?

Just thinking out loud...

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm saying it'd be cool to see The Ball, for example, recognized as 'UDK Game' by PS3 UT3, and upon selection, UT3 would simply side step and please the PS3 as a memory imprint, or pointer (whatever lingo) while executing the UDK game..

Originally posted by schenksmill View Post
            There are differences in both the UnrealScript source the level files created in the editor, so the only way to cook them for UT3 is to build that stuff in UT3. The only way to then get to the PS3 is to cook your UT3 files using the PC version of UT3.

Comment

Working...
            X