Trigger won't close UIScene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger won't close UIScene

Here is the issue. I setup the level to display a UIScene that tells the player what to do, tutorial wise. I successfully set up the level to trigger the scene to launch.

I set the trigger up in Kismet with the scene opening upon touch, and close scene on untouch. I test the map, the log says the Scene has launched, detailing that it is given to player 0 (the setting is -1). I leave the trigger, and nothing happens. Now if I tested this level in the editor, leaving the trigger will crash the engine/udk. I can confirm that the max triggers are set to 0. I also tried creating one trigger to launch the scene, and the other to close. Same thing happens, closing the scene will either do nothing or crash the editor/udk.

Here is a screenshot of the setup.

The top left Variable is an Object pointing to a test scene. I've tried changing this to ready made scenes from the UDK, and still wasn't able to close the UI. Therefore, setting up the UIScene was not the problem.

I might try the same thing in a clean install of UDK, but I would like to know if anyone else had this problem. It is preventing me from getting my assignments done.

EDIT: Tried the same map in a fresh install of UDK. No go.

To close the scene, you should have an empty Object variable connected to the OpenedScene link of the Open Scene action. Then connect that same Object variable to the Scene link of the Close Scene action. The Named Variable the references your UIScene asset should only be used to tell the Open Scene action which UIScene to open.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Worked like a dream now.

Comment

Working...
      X