Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get Hoverboards working?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to get Hoverboards working?

    I was just wondering if anyone knew how you can get hoverboards working on your character in UDK.

    In levels like sandstorm, all you have to do is press Q and you get the ride of your life. But how do you do this in your own levels?

    NEW QUESTION

    My new question is does anyone know the control to make a cicada go down? It sounds stupid, but I honestly don't know it!

    #2
    In Unreal3 you had to give it the correct naming convention, such as VCTF_yourMapName.

    I haven't tried this in UDK however, but I suspect it's the same principal.

    Comment


      #3
      Something else I noticed is when I tried to add one of the vehicles (can't remember which one) and place it in my level on a BSP floor, for some reason when I build the level the vehicle sinks half way into the floor. Anyone else ever see that?

      Comment


        #4
        I haven't seen it. Try checking the orthograthic (did I spell that right?) views to check it's at the right level.

        Comment


          #5
          It's at the correct level when I place it. I can see watch it sink into the floor when the build finishes

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks piranhi! Your explanation helped!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Chuck D Nades View Post
              It's at the correct level when I place it. I can see watch it sink into the floor when the build finishes
              i've noticed that this only happens when placing vehicle factories in the level e.g. for a Cicada
              Adding a Cicada skeletal mesh should not give you this problem (as you need to provide a physics asset for it)
              if you still wish to use vehicle factories in your level have a look at the object property 'Collision Height' which can be found under Collision > Collision Component > Collision height (increase the value from 120 to 200 for example)

              hope that helps
              :P

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by cybran View Post
                i've noticed that this only happens when placing vehicle factories in the level e.g. for a Cicada
                Adding a Cicada skeletal mesh should not give you this problem (as you need to provide a physics asset for it)
                if you still wish to use vehicle factories in your level have a look at the object property 'Collision Height' which can be found under Collision > Collision Component > Collision height (increase the value from 120 to 200 for example)

                hope that helps
                :P
                Thanks cybran. I will try this out tonight.

                Comment


                  #9
                  New Question: How on earth do you make a cicada go down when ur flying it? I dont know at all!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by henzy190 View Post
                    New Question: How on earth do you make a cicada go down when ur flying it? I dont know at all!
                    C, or whatever you use for crouch

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks 5hifty!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X