Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic static mesh collison with player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Again I must thank, that's what I need.
    These size of these images is a killer I is viewing in low resolution on my CRT, because LCD have UDK Moreover, today has enough people and netbooks with 1024x600, I have one myself.

I still have a requirement that the result was converted to perfection, coming from this model without the conflict model, I do rigidbody to which they can use the Gravity Gun?

I know I'm in is probably not stir, but you have some figures on the cost? Is it really so difficult when Ragdoll applying to a static mesh, there was still no animation or physics do not count?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ahha... ok.

What you need to do is go back to the Static Mesh editor and uncheck ALL the flags:

"UseSimpleBoxCollision"
    "UseSimpleLineCollision"
    "UseSimpleRigidBodyCollision"

- Once you place that static-mesh inside the level, open it's properties.
    - Open the "Collision" tab
    - Check the box next to "Collide Complex"

You will now be able to use Per-Poly-Collisions with ragdolls, projectiles, etc.

You will also notice a performance hit when using per-poly collisions with a large
    scene full of ragdolls or characters. If your planning on just using it for testing
    your scene, then that's fine. But please, do not release any maps with only per-poly
    collision on every mesh.

(Sorry for the massive size of the image below)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want import static mesh without colissions and turn on colissions, characters bodies and projectiles too per poly (automatic 26 Dop collisions are stupid).
    Minimaly for testings is will be great, i can also save some performance elsewhere (because if i will save everywhere i can use Quake 3), i have small maps.

This my variant.
    If your static mesh does not have a collision model and both of those flags are unchecked, the static mesh will operate on a per-poly-collision. However, if you set ragdolls on this surface, you will have to modify your own RBChannel.
    Thanks very much.

But i need still turn on collision with another rigidbodies, now my crate go throught:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe I'm not exactly sure what your asking - but are you asking if you can import a static mesh model without an attached collision model - but still have collision on it?

This would be called Per-Poly-Collision - and is easy to activate in your static mesh editor. However, be warned that this is NOT recommended as making per-poly collision detection is very expensive on CPU/PPUs.

To enable Per-Poly-Collision, open your static mesh in the browser, and Uncheck both: "UseSimpleBoxCollision" & "UseSimpleLineCollision".

If your static mesh does not have a collision model and both of those flags are unchecked, the static mesh will operate on a per-poly-collision. However, if you set ragdolls on this surface, you will have to modify your own RBChannel.

If your static mesh does not have a collision model and both of those flags are checked, the static mesh will have no collision - but will detect projectiles.

If your static mesh does not have a collision model, but you uncheck only "UseSimpleLineCollision" - it will ignore all projectiles.

If your static mesh does not have a collision model and you uncheck ALL the flags (including UseSimpleRigidBodyCollision), the static mesh will have no collision whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Automatic static mesh collison with player.

Automatic static mesh collison with player.

Does anyone know how to set the imported static model without collision model, for players not passing? I experimented with collisions - http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CollisionReference.html, but I managed only to make the impossible shot through it, which works great. Of course I can do collision model in Max, but for more complex models, my graphics do an hour and a bit lost power per poly collision on the smaller maps in my mind.

If its impossible, why colission with light and shots works fine?
Working...
X