[SOLVED] Custom Editor Keybinds Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Custom Editor Keybinds Request

I am trying to find a way to have shortcut keys assigned to Camera and Geometry modes. Ideally it would be great to have a single key like the x key in photshop (rotates foreground/Background colors) which would control these two modes in a similar fashion but I could live with a unique key for each.

Is there a simple way to do this either in Unrealscript or just knowing the command for each button so they could be assigned to a key in the configs would be fantastic.

Solution:

You need to edit the Input.ini file under the [Editor.EditorViewportInput] line

I made mine like so:

Code:
    [Editor.EditorViewportInput]
    Bindings=(Command="MODE CAMERAMOVE",Name=z,Alt=True)
    Bindings=(Command="MODE GEOMETRY",Name=x,Alt=True)
    Yay! Happy shortcutting everyone

yes would be great,

There is that "custom toolbar" 3rd party app, but it has clumsy interface and cannot do what is not supported by editors command line, (changing view does not work).

Also this makes me wonder why editor does not have more functions exposed to keybinding system in ini files that its there since uneral1.

Comment

ok With the help of Hourences i was informed that down in the bottom i can type in "mode cameramove" to switch to Camera mode. and "mode geometry" to get to Geometry mode.

The problem I am now having is getting them assigned to keys.

I opened up the EditorKeyBindings.ini and tried to add in the following:

Code:
      KeyBindings=(bCtrlDown=False,bAltDown=True,bShiftDown=False,Key="Z",CommandName="CAMERAMOVE")
      KeyBindings=(bCtrlDown=False,bAltDown=True,bShiftDown=False,Key="X",CommandName="GEOMETRY")
      and

Code:
      KeyBindings=(bCtrlDown=False,bAltDown=True,bShiftDown=False,Key="Z",CommandName="MODE CAMERAMOVE")
      KeyBindings=(bCtrlDown=False,bAltDown=True,bShiftDown=False,Key="X",CommandName="MODE GEOMETRY")
      I also tried different button combinations. As I can not be sure which are free. Can anyone help us figuring this one out?

Comment

Eureka!

So I got this one figured.

You need to edit the Input.ini file under the [Editor.EditorViewportInput] line

I made mine like so:

Code:
        [Editor.EditorViewportInput]
        Bindings=(Command="MODE CAMERAMOVE",Name=z,Alt=True)
        Bindings=(Command="MODE GEOMETRY",Name=x,Alt=True)
        Yay! Happy shortcutting everyone

Comment

Is there a shortcut for quicksave? I'm always pressing CTRL+S, but that adds a substractive brush...

Comment

yes, i would be nice to have a list of all commands

Comment

Bindings=(Command="ACTOR HIDE SELECTED",Name=h,Control=True)

gave it a shot, and it works!

Comment

fix, had to add Shift=Flase

Bindings=(Command="ACTOR SHOW SELECTED ONLY",Name=Q,Alt=True,Shift=False)

select invert works,
                Bindings=(Command="ACTOR SELECT INVERT",Name=I,Control=True,Shift=False)

meshpaint mode,
                Bindings=(Command="MODE MESHPAINT",Name=v,Control=True,Shift=True)

hide unselected,
                Bindings=(Command="ACTOR HIDE UNSELECTED",Name=Q,Alt=True,Shift=False)

unhide all,
                Bindings=(Command="ACTOR UNHIDE ALL",Name=S,Control=True)

Comment

Working...
                X