Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to find out the bone names fo the default character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to find out the bone names fo the default character?

i have no idea how to do this, not sure if i find out there names in UDK or in script!

im trying to attach a camera to the default characters arm, only problem is i need to find out the bone name to do that.

please help!

Find the skeletal mesh of the character in the Content browser and double-click it to open it in the AnimSet Editor. There is a button in the toolbar that toggles the bone names on or off. Click that and then find the bone you want in the viewport to see it's name. There should also be a list of bone names, I believe, in a section of the panel on the left in the AnimSet Editor...but there is no way to really visually link those to locations on the skeleton.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
      Find the skeletal mesh of the character in the Content browser and double-click it to open it in the AnimSet Editor. There is a button in the toolbar that toggles the bone names on or off. Click that and then find the bone you want in the viewport to see it's name. There should also be a list of bone names, I believe, in a section of the panel on the left in the AnimSet Editor...but there is no way to really visually link those to locations on the skeleton.
      thank you very much

i dont suppose you know how to take that horrible shake off the camera once you have it attached in 3rd person do you?

Comment

Working...
      X