Unreal Engine 3 level design tutorial to be presented at GDC 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 3 level design tutorial to be presented at GDC 2010

Jim Brown, Epic Games’ Lead Level Designer, will be among the speakers on tap for the day-long GDC tutorial “Level Design in a Day: Best Practices from the Best in the Business.”

The focus of the presentation is Unreal Engine 3, and the panelists are some of the best level designers in the business.

The Game Developers Conference runs from March 9-13 in San Francisco, CA, and this session will be held on March 10. Check out the GDC website for more information. http://bit.ly/7EHbnP

That's cool. March is a long ways off, though.

Comment

Will this by any chance be recorded and made available somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Crozz View Post
        The GDC will link quite a bit of content around a month after but they don't post everything.

Comment

Sweet, just sad it would cost me like 2000$ just to fly there, so doubt that will happen

Comment

How did I miss this announcement? This is amazing, but being a student and living in the UK, I won't be watching this unless it's streamed or available for download. Would definitely fix peoples bad habits though, I'm sure I have a lot.

Comment

Would this be considered one of the days where you'll need the All Access pass rather than the Main Conference pass to attend? I'd love to check this out but at $1195 vs $665... kinda hard to justify. Would you please be able to provide more information on what will be covered so that my (and possibly other people's) purchasing decision can be better informed (and please, before the 22nd of December, when my alumni Discount would end).

Edit, whoops, I found the page with the information on it:

http://gdconf.com/conference/tutorials.html#201

Comment

Giving this a bump so people remember to sign up!

Comment

wish i could go but it's too expensive. will this be available for free streaming or download?

Comment

Originally posted by Crozz View Post
                    That will be a plus for those of us who cannot make it.

Comment

Looking Forward to it.

I am pretty new to the Level design Field. Currently am doing my masters in entertainment technology. This tutorial looks like a really good way to get a sort of grip on level designing\modding.

I will be attending it at GDC. Just had a question.

On the site they mention the intended audience. But how much Unreal 3 Engine should I know for attending it. Are there any perquisites?

My Experience: I have worked with the Warcraft 3 Editor. I know the basics like BSPs and actors and stuff and am currently doing tutorials on UDK.

Thanks

Comment

Youtube?

Anyone got a flip video cam?

Comment

I'll be there too. I'm getting my personal project off the ground in UDK and I'm looking forward to learning from some of the best.

Comment

So, does anyone know how was this session?

Comment

So how did it go? Any chance of a video or at least a review of the session?

Comment

Working...
                              X