Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaling in Geometry mode(My Problem or UDK bug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling in Geometry mode(My Problem or UDK bug)

when I was trying to scale a top poly of a cylinder in geometry mode, proportions of the poly are not saved

and if i'm using a non-uniform scale mode - I have a much worst result

can anybody help plz with this problem, I only need to scale top poly, saving it's proportions

I tried to reproduce this, but I couldn't see how that happened. Sometimes I get a weird result if my selection tool and my move tool are on at the same time, but I wasn't able to do that on my system.

Comment

I still can't find the answer for this problem. I'm using windows7 64bit - maybe that is why the proportions of the poly aren't saving while scaling. I also try scale polies of Cube and Cone's bottom poly. Only Cube's poly saves it's proportions.
      If I'm using non-uniform scale a program pop-up a message "Triangulation failure. Reverting to previous state."

Comment

Originally posted by Verdfel View Post
        I still can't find the answer for this problem. ..."
        I have the same problem but I guess it's not that much of a problem since I can go to any orthogonal view and move the 8 vertices one at a time. Still it would be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Verdfel View Post
          when I was trying to scale a top poly of a cylinder in geometry mode, proportions of the poly are not saved

and if i'm using a non-uniform scale mode - I have a much worst result

can anybody help plz with this problem, I only need to scale top poly, saving it's proportions
          Same problem here. I'm using Window 7 64-bit and had the same cylinder too.

I skipped this part in Mastering Unreal Technology Vol. I and loaded a map where this step is done.

Comment

Generally, when modifying bsp, you don't want to use the scale tool. If you scale incorrectly and wind up with bsp that isn't on the grid, then you'll have problems.

Individual vertex editing will take more time, yes, but it also works.

Comment

Yeah I also have that problem when scaling the end face of a cylinder. Also the extrude function I found to be buggy as well, I can extrude 1 face of a cube and it will be fine but when I select another face on the same cube and extrude a second time I found that the newly added faces, The normals are flipped.

Personally I find it funny that of all things not to work correctly would be these simple tools. I say simple because I've played with a lot of 3D programs so far and never come across one where these functions did not work correctly. Also try scaling the end of a 32 sided cylinder and see the results then.

These are bugs period, they should work in both edit and object mode.

EDIT - forgot to mention that the scaling works fine with the UT3 editor, just not in UDK

Comment

So did you find out what the problem was.

Is it that fact ur running 64bit Win7. becuase i was thinking about moving over. but i think i will just stick with xp 32bit, maybe 64bit

p.s please release the UDK on linux.

Comment

Just ran into this myself...any chance of this getting fixed in the next UDK release? Yes, I understand that individually moving the vertices works. However, keeping the proportions correct while scaling a face seems to be pretty basic functionality.

Comment

Do not scale CSG, older versions when you scaled still created unscaled cuts in geometry after rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                    X