help?can not build an Elevator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    His problem isn't that there is no mover functionality (there most definitely is). InterpActors just default to no collision when placed in the world. Changing that to BlockAll should have things working (assuming the mesh has collision in the first place).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lurk there, it is tutorial about elevators: How to make elevator, by Hourence.

Open general browser, double click your cube, small mesh editor opens, add there collision.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'm not at the dev comp right now, but hasn't the editor got a MOVER function?
    Former Editors (like UT versions e.g.) had this, which you could select with directional order.
    e.g. mover 1 to 9
    where mover 1 is e.g. groundlevel
    and 9 is top level, and then it tweens between the two
    (using a trigger, e.g. touch)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try and see if Right Click on the Cube -> Set Collision -> Collide All helps. Otherwise you need to define the cube collision properties.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic help?can not build an Elevator.

help?can not build an Elevator.

I want to build an elevator in my level.
    put a cube ,and when I step onto the cube ,the cube will raise with me.
    I put a static mesh (the cube) and a trigger into my level .and then to do the matinee.
    but the matinee tell me , the static mesh can not move.
    so ,I change the static mesh to interpactor. that is ok now. when I hit the trigger , the cube raise .but ,the problem is ,I step on the cube ,cube raise ,but I am still standing on the floor...

give me some suggestion how to make an elevator carrying me up?
    thank you!
Working...
X