Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help! with weapon creation

im new to UDK and need help with getting the weapons to work
    i cant seem to find out how to just get a basic rocket launcher and use it in game
    please help!

Just to be perfectly clear before I answer your question; are you asking for help with creating and implementing your own weapons or accessing the Unreal Tournament weapons within the editor?

Comment

hi well i wanted to get the ut ones first to get an idea of how it works

Comment

when i use the ut ones its only the meshes that are used

Comment

thanx in advance

Comment

I think I understand what you're asking now. Ok, so here's what you do use UT weapons in your level:

First, open the Content Browser.

See all the tabs across the top? Click on Actor Classes. You'll see a long list classes to choose from, some of them bold. Use the '+' next to Navigation Point to expand it, revealing more actor classes to choose from. From here, expand PickupFactory, then expand UTPickupFactory. There should be only one bold choice here -- UTWeaponPickupFactory. Click that once, then close the Content Browser.

Find an area where you'd like to place the weapon in your level. Right click on the floor, and from the context menu choose "Add UTWeaponPickupFactory Here".

Now, with it still selected, hit the F4 key to bring up its properties. Expand the UTWeaponPickupFactory tab. You should see one drop down menu called Weapon Pickup Class that reads 'None'. Use the drop down menu to select the weapon type you want to exist in this pickup factory.

You're all set! Test your level and you should see your weapon of choice floating above this actor. Pick it up and start having fun! I really hope this helps.

Comment

thank you so much i really needed this

Comment

Working...
              X