making a wall destructible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Personally i would just pick the part of the wall you wish to seperate, then seperate them into seperate models and go from there, im no artist either so i couldnt say how thats done :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i just took a whole square out but is there a secret way to get that exact shape

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i am pretty new to udk and the unreal editor so my next question will be how do i cut out just a square shaped dome topped door (static mesh S_NEC_Walls_SM_CerWall_STRb).

sorry for the basic questions but all the tutorials i found just place objects in the middle of nowhere and shoot them.

-zack-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make this section of the wall a seperate object, have that use fracture, and then if you place the hallway and breakable wall correctly, you shouldnt be able to notice the seam between the two.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic making a wall destructible

making a wall destructible

I know how to make a mesh destructible with fracture but i dont need to do that. I have a hallway that I made using a solid rectangle and then subtracting a smaller box from it.

What I want to do is make the right wall of this hallway have a spot that you can shoot and destroy to enter a secret room.

-zack-
Working...
X