Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple maps possbile to stream together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple maps possbile to stream together?

Hello all,

I was interested in a kind of new concept. This has been implemented by Blizzard and has turned out effective.

Basically, I would like to create an expansive world (pretty easy in map editor). But lets say that a user is in a vertain section of that map, and when he crosses in to another section, if you have ever played World of Warcraft, it details where exactly you are (name, region, etc).

Would it be possible to implement this? And just to let in a bit of information, its a MMOFPS.

Can you reword it? I can't understand.

Comment

So basically if you have played World of Warcraft, you start out in an area, whatever is in that area, then you proceed to walk through to another area, some completely different world.

In WoW it basically "seams" the two worlds together, and as soon as you cross over to the other "world" it displays the name, region, etc.

Is that possible? I know you can create enormous maps in Unreal, but I wouldn't want to have just one big file for a map, that would take too long to load.

Comment

What you are looking for is called level streaming and UDK can certainly do it.

Comment

Just wanted to make sure that is what level streaming was.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X