Lightmass -and- Dynamic Shadows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightmass -and- Dynamic Shadows?

Alright, so I'm just playing around with the engine at this point, and I'm impressed with how well the lighting system takes alpha masks into account. However, I notice that shadows are much cleaner when a Static Mesh does not use pre-computed shadows... but in not using pre-computed shadows, it means the object won't receive lightmass, or any static shadows, as it seems to disable lightmapping on the Static Mesh.

As you can see in these screen shots, the foliage itself looks much better when it is lightmapped, but the shadows it casts look much sharper when it forgoes pre-computed lighting.

Now, the shadows don't look bad with Lightmapping (though the resolution is pretty high here), but I'm wondering if there is a way to have the Static Mesh lit with Lightmapping, but still cast Dynamic Shadows on other objects. Anyone have any ideas on achieving this?

Edit: The difference in the shadows is much more apparent on average resolution surfaces: http://i35.tinypic.com/2uzffbc.jpg
Working...
X