Moving Existing Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Existing Objects

This may be a stupid question but i still didn't find how to move an already existing object, for example: i've created my map, but it misses the sky, so i created a big half-sphere using 2 spheres (one bigger outside and another smaller inside with the subtraction, then i cutted it at half). If i do this on the existing map, the bigger spheres deletes all the other object, so i've built it in an empty place. How do i move it now to cover my map? sry for my bad english...

i would also like to know how to move existing objects!

Comment

Originally posted by Lirian View Post
      This may be a stupid question but i still didn't find how to move an already existing object, for example: i've created my map, but it misses the sky, so i created a big half-sphere using 2 spheres (one bigger outside and another smaller inside with the subtraction, then i cutted it at half). If i do this on the existing map, the bigger spheres deletes all the other object, so i've built it in an empty place. How do i move it now to cover my map? sry for my bad english...
      So your creating a hollow sphere and its deleting everything inside of it? I'm guessing inside you have additive bsp, which is then being removed by your inside sphere subtraction.

To this logic it makes no difference where you make it, when you rebuild it will still delete the stuff inside.

Use a skydome static mesh then copy, paste and rotate it upside down to make a sphere.

BTW, to move something just go into one of the "wireframe / grid" view (default, Top left, right and bottom right) and click on the brushes outline, a bunch of arrows / rings / cubes appear (pressing space toggles them, they are move, rotate, scale in that order). Just drag one of these arrows to move it in the direction it points in.

Comment

Thank you marilol thit is exactly what i wanted to know

Comment

Yeah you should always use a static mesh for a skydome.
          Anyway, on bsp brushes there's also an option to move to "front" and "back" to change the order that the brushes are added/subtracted. In the skydome example, you could move the sky brushes to back. (first the additive then the subtractive). Although I want to stress again that's not what you should use bsp for.

Comment

Can I second that? Any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.
            Whens the next comp? I'm itching to see how I go.

Comment

Working...
            X