Whizzle & The Ball maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whizzle & The Ball maps

I tried to open maps from both Whizzle and The Ball in the UDK editor but keep getting crashes.
    I also tried to create an editor shortcut from the Whizzle binary but got an error message saying that the editor is not available. It would be great if we could open those maps in the editor to see how it was done.

The editor is not provided for stand-alone mods created from the UDK.

There is a great write-up of exactly how Whizzle was made on the Whizzle showcase page: http://udk.com/showcase-whizzle.html (the pdf document).

Comment

Ok thanks. I already quickly read through the PDF, very interesting stuff indeed

Comment

Sadly I end up getting stuck very fast when I try to do what is said in the PDF. Since the class AquaPlayerControllerBase which AquaPlayerController extends is not in the PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by weephun View Post
          The editor is not provided for stand-alone mods created from the UDK.
          Thats... unfortunate... given the type of multiplayer game we're creating with Planetstorm. People are sure to want to create their own levels with our assets, from aff-lol_spambox and up. Kind of cripples the community from the outset, no?

Is this restriction on the table for reconsidering at all, or are there immutable reasons, and it's never going to happen?

Comment

ball toucher

Did anyone else laugh when they saw the variable name "BallToucher"?? lol

Comment

Working...
            X