Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for non-consumable IAP - RESTORE

HI

Does anyone know how to PROPERLY support RESTORING non-consumable IAPs? (no iCloud based hacks please)

Is it still not possible using UDK?

Are Apple still rejecting all UDK based games that try to provide non-consumable IAPs?

I originally asked about this in March 2014 - didn't want to revive old threads.

Cheers
    William

Originally posted by WilliamDocherty View Post
    HI

Does anyone know how to PROPERLY support RESTORING non-consumable IAPs? (no iCloud based hacks please)

Is it still not possible using UDK?

Are Apple still rejecting all UDK based games that try to provide non-consumable IAPs?

I originally asked about this in March 2014 - didn't want to revive old threads.

Cheers
    William
    Based upon my app submission two weeks ago, I'd say your answers are: no, yes and yes.

I had to make my in-game purchases consumable.

I read on the UE4 forums that they plan on fixing this for UE4 in an upcoming update. If I was less than 50% into a new project I'd be using UE4 now.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation - not great news, but what I was expecting really.
      Can't really believe it's not been fixed/added - it's a very severe limitation & it's very trivial to add support for it.

Comment

The positive news is that iCloud storage seems to work (it's a pain to set up, but once you get it working it works).

If I HAD to have non-consumable purchases, I'd add a variable in my cloud storage class and do it that way.

Storing level unlocks on iCloud seems to work without issue. I have about 500 people who've used the app and have had no complaints about lost levels or lost high scores.

Comment

Originally posted by WeiLoPing View Post
          The positive news is that iCloud storage seems to work (it's a pain to set up, but once you get it working it works).

If I HAD to have non-consumable purchases, I'd add a variable in my cloud storage class and do it that way.

Storing level unlocks on iCloud seems to work without issue. I have about 500 people who've used the app and have had no complaints about lost levels or lost high scores.
          That's fantastic to hear. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X