Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FB Dialog Orientation Incorrect - UDK-2015-01

Hey everyone.

I've just migrated to UDK-2015-01 (everything seems to be great with it) however the Facebook Dialog orientation is stuck in portrait mode when it should be in landscape mode.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0672.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	3254043
    I'm assuming this is a Facebook SDK issue and might have to be solved via a hotfix for the latest build, hopefully though I've just made a silly mistake somewhere. Can anyone confirm or help?

Cheers,
    Josh

can only confirm the issue on a iOs 8 device

Comment

Originally posted by ober View Post
      can only confirm the issue on a iOs 8 device
      Thanks for getting back to me Ober. So it appears it's only on iOS 8? So would that mean it's an Apple issue?

Cheers,
      Josh

Comment

I am just implementing Facebook for an existing app (mainly to have Facebook track installs).

It looks like Facebook wants a "ActivateApp" event sent them. As I do not see an explicit way to do this in UDK, I am wondering if it is a byproduct of Facebook.Authorize() in FacebookIntegration?

For those of you who are using Facebook, can you track installs? The point is to test the effectiveness of Facebook Ads.

PS -- in response to the original poster about the orientation bug, I would not consider it an earth-shattering bug (especially since it is just one occurrence per user). Look at a popular game like "Crossy Road" I am still trying to figure out if the developer intended to have his loading character squash down when they switch from portrait to landscape mode. To me it looks bad, but they may consider it a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WeiLoPing View Post
          I am just implementing Facebook for an existing app (mainly to have Facebook track installs).

It looks like Facebook wants a "ActivateApp" event sent them. As I do not see an explicit way to do this in UDK, I am wondering if it is a byproduct of Facebook.Authorize() in FacebookIntegration?

For those of you who are using Facebook, can you track installs? The point is to test the effectiveness of Facebook Ads.

PS -- in response to the original poster about the orientation bug, I would not consider it an earth-shattering bug (especially since it is just one occurrence per user). Look at a popular game like "Crossy Road" I am still trying to figure out if the developer intended to have his loading character squash down when they switch from portrait to landscape mode. To me it looks bad, but they may consider it a joke.
          Hey WeiLoPing,

I don't think you can access any other functions such as ActivateApp with FB ingratiation in UDK. Besides the base functions as far as I know you can only do web requests with a parameter list, I could be wrong though.

Also, yeah I guess it's not an earth-shattering bug :P
          Only seems to be an iOS 8 issue, I'd be interested to know if it gets fixed.

Re: Crossy Road
          What do you mean by having his loading character squash down? I can't seem to replicate this.
          I'm friends with Andy and Matt (Melbourne has a small development community) so I can ask them when they get back from GDC if they intended that. But could you describe the 'squash down' more clearly so I can ask them?

Cheers,
          Josh

Comment

Working...
          X