udk ios mp3 bitrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

udk ios mp3 bitrate

I have a fair few mp3's files for a game i am developing. Trying to keep the file size down as normal and saved about 25mb converting the mp3's from 320kbps to 96kbps. Without effecting the sound quality when it comes to smaller speakers. However, they are no longer playing on the device. Does anyone know; is there a minimum bitrate, or why i would have problems playing the convert mp3's (they are still .mp3 files) ?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Do yours play if you use 128kbps? Thats the bitrate I'm using and they all work fine (I never tried lower).

Comment

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think you are asking for a solution for an iOS problem.
      It is not UDK related.

According to a support document Apple released, you also won’t be able to match or upload certain types of Music files: files over 200MB, DRM-encumbered tracks that you aren’t authorized to play, DRM-encoded songs purchased from an iTunes Store other than the U.S. version, and any music encoded at less than 96kbps.
      - but honestly i have no idea, but alot of people have <96kbps issues with "i"devices, even the cloud

Comment

Many thanks for your replies. Have now tried with 128kbps and seems to be working.

I would say its a UDK problem in that anything less than and including fails to play 96kbps and may well come up as an issue for other udk developers. Also might be helpful to anyone wishing to cut a few mb's of their published app.

Comment

Working...
        X