iPhone 6 and 6+ screenshots mandatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 6 and 6+ screenshots mandatory?

I've read on the apple forum that iTunes connect now require you to upload images for iPhone 6 and 6+ (1334 x 750 and 2208 x 1242)

We do not have an iPhone 6+, and UDK mobile previewer does not support it. Do anyone have any idea of how we could somehow get the screenshots in those dimensions without it looking bad (if it's possible at all)?

Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
    I've read on the apple forum that iTunes connect now require you to upload images for iPhone 6 and 6+ (1334 x 750 and 2208 x 1242)

We do not have an iPhone 6+, and UDK mobile previewer does not support it. Do anyone have any idea of how we could somehow get the screenshots in those dimensions without it looking bad (if it's possible at all)?

If you run UDK.exe from the command line you can use any resolution you like. I just tested 2208 x 1242 and it worked...

C:\UDK\MainDirectory\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe MapName.udk?Game=GameType.Game -log -simmobile -WINDOWED ResX=2208 ResY=1243 -SystemSettings=IPhone5

So you'll get a simulation of the correct size. Should be good enough for a screen shot.

That said, I did just go out and buy an iPad Air 2 since I wanted to know exactly what my game would look like for a game reviewer who had nice toys.

Comment

Thanks I will try that. My screens aren't big enough for the iphone 6+ res however, and the viewport shrinks automatically. Do you know if there is a way to disable that auto shrink (so it goes out of the screen instead)?

Regarding iPad Air 2, it inherits from air 1, right?

Comment

Sorry, don't know how to disable the autoshrink.

I do believe that the Air 1 and Air 2 displays (resolution and ppi) are basically identical.

BTW, how would Apple know if you took the highest resolution screenshot you could take and scaled it up to 2208 x 1242 in Photoshop?

Comment

Working...
        X