New iOS requirements february 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen.Ellis View Post
    The latest update is that Scaleform and PhysX have been upgraded to 64-bit.
    does that mean we now get to cook our games with UnrealFrontend in 64-bit? because otherwise this seems pretty useless

other than that it would be nice to get a changelog this time

Comment

HI

Just wanted to add my name to the list of folk relying on a Feb 2015 update for my new game release (due March/April).

Cheers
      William

Comment

Dito, i want also release a game with the new udk.
        @tegleg
        What does it mean, that the vehicle car bug will not be fixed?

Comment

So, to see If I understand, if for example, I start now my final project for uni with the may 2014 version of UDK, it won't allow me to submit it?

Comment

@MFRS - Correct

Comment

Not Even if I then open a more recent version of udk by the time, and then export with that most recent version?

Comment

Originally posted by ober View Post
                @tegleg
                What does it mean, that the vehicle car bug will not be fixed?
                looks like it, hope your game is not vehicle based or all your hard work is for nothing

Comment

Hello,

I've almost finished my first UDK project but I don't think it's gonna be ready until the 1st of Feb, so I'm looking forward to downloading this new UDK build. However, there is a small issue with loading screens on ios and it would be great if epic could fix it in this upcoming build.

As pointed here:

IPadLoading.png - This would be chosen if the app is running on an iPad. Generally this would be 1024x768 (or 768x1024 for portrait apps)
                  Loading@2x.png - This would be chosen if running on a device with a Retina Display (iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen). Generally this would be 960x640 (or 640x960 for portrait apps)
                  Loading.png - This would be used in any other case (or if the above files don't exist). Generally this would be 480x320 (or 320x480 for portrait apps)

But iPad Air, iphone 5, iphone5s, etc. have Retina Display, which means they use Loading@2x.png. This is an issue because the loading screen is going to look good only on ipad or iphone (not both of them). I think ipads should use the IPadLoading.png regardless of it's display type.

PS. Shouldn't BlackSquare.png be streached in the background? It is not doing anything right now.

// later edit

I found the solution.

X.png - is the default image
                  X-568h@2x.png - is for retina iphone (don't know what 568h stands for)

Apparently it is more of a ios thing http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ing-568h-image

Comment

Josh Adams/Stephen Ellis, Any update on the new UDK release?, ETA possibly?

Comment

E-mail From Apple:
                      Missing 64-bit support - Beginning on February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.
                      I submitted my app 10 days before the deadline and asked for an expedited review because of the deadline and Epic's current unavailability of 64-bit builds, but Apple rejected it.

Comment

Happy to hear that someone from Epic returned to this place!Any news on the new buid?Option for the new iphones/tablets,vehicles?

Comment

I'm not from Epic, but I did get an E-mail from them (since I have a game sitting in the limbo of the App Store approval process), they said pretty much that they are working on the 64-bit fix, but there is no timetable.

It's a bummer for me, since I have already paid for a Chinese New Year's promotion for my game, I'm trying to claw back some of the marketing now, since if I have to wait even a couple of weeks I'll miss my window.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamDocherty View Post
                            HI

Just wanted to add my name to the list of folk relying on a Feb 2015 update for my new game release (due March/April).

Cheers
                            William
                            Me too, so waiting for this new release...

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just an update that we are still currently working on this and testing the changes.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Ellis View Post
                                Hi everyone,

Just an update that we are still currently working on this and testing the changes.

Cheers

Great news!Thanks again for remembering about us!As Epic coud see the released projects and works in progress threads are still being updated with new projects and people are still using udk.
                                Is it possible this time that we have a readme with the changes?

Comment

Working...
                                X