Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first UDK app (facebook issue)

Hello guys,

I've almost finished my first UDK app, but I really need facebook to allow users to share stuff. I've managed to configure facebook but the share dialog is not showing up (even if IsAuthorized() is true after logging in). My log in window looks like this http://i.stack.imgur.com/fLOd9.jpg . It doesn't seem to ask for the permissions I've set in DefaultEngine.ini. I think that facebook is not working anymore because UDK still uses Facebook API 1.0. The latest Facebook API is 2.x and the newly created facebook apps can't downgrade their API to 1.0 (my scenario). If you've created your facebook app with API 1.0, UDK might still work because facebook is not upgrading your API by default, although I've read that facebook will get rid of API 1.0 next year and automatically upgrade all facebook apps to API 2.x, so this needs to be fixed sooner or later.

To make sure I'm not doing anything wrong I want to ask you guys a favor. Can you please create a facebook app with API 2.x and try to open the share dialog from UDK? I'm using the latest build (which is August 2014).

Thank you
    Attached Files
Working...
X