Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overview of stuff that got broken [FEB - AUG 2014 Version] CRITICAL BUGS WITH iOS 8!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, hopefully the achievements thing isn't an issue - it seems Gamecenter is flakey in a number of ways that seem beyond anyones control at the moment.
    Ripped out - ie: removed. Took Facebook out (it's all on a `define) as I can't get login to work. Took iCloud out for a number of reasons.
    I'd actually like to see more folk confirm if they have this stuff working or not - I think the more folk that confirm it's borked the better.

Comment

achievements seem to be working
      dont use icloud and would never dream of having anything to do with a dying social network fad site so i cant say for facespam either.

Comment

I'm not sure of this, but I heard that not supporting features like icloud decrease the chance for Apple to feature your game. As most popular games today support it (if they don't, some people complain in the reviews), it's very annoying to being able to. Telling people it is because we are using UDK can't really be good for its reputation. That goes for facebook too.

Getting your game on social network is an great and way to market your game if done correctly. I image the worst thing would be to have facebook support on a already released and popular game, and then being forced to remove it.

I really can't see why it should take 2+ months for Epic to fix basic stuff like facebook connection (which worked previously). When I saw the response from them earlier in the thread, I got hope and though they would hurry and fix it within a few weeks.

I'm glad unreal engine 4 source code is open, we would never again start a new project on a engine where we are not in control of basic features ourselves, specially when those in charge doesn't strive to keep it working.

I might sound hash, I do love unreal, but things like this is having a so big impact on us that I just have to state an honest opinion.

Comment

iAdds are not working for me at all.
          using the 'special' version of udk with supposed bug fixes.

they were working fine in the development builds (although they were displayed at the top instead of the bottom)
          they do not appear at all on a released one

hope there is a fix for this as i am relying solely on adds to finance any future games.

edit:
          im on ios 6.1, is this the problem?
          i found an old thread saying about iad problems with ios 6, kinda crossing my fingers for that

didnt want to spam this just yet as there is an update to fix a few things in review, could someone see if they get an add after completing a level please?
          the flying machines are real slow for some reason on the release build, they will speed up to normal on the update.
          https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tegs...807463493?mt=8
          cheers

Comment

Just tried your app - didn't get an iAd after completing level 1 (ioS 7)
            Your intro video is horrifying BTW :-)
            In case you also weren't aware - your build has the debug console still enabled; maybe that's deliberate - thought I'd mention it.

Comment

thanks for the confirmation, ive emailed epic about it.
              glad you like the vid hehe
              yes im aware of the debug thing thanks, thats one of the fixes in the update

Comment

Hi Tegleg,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and will respond via email. Thanks for your patience!

Sean

Comment

Hi Folks,

We hope to have a new build today/tomorrow for folks to test.

Comment

thanks to everyone at Epic working to fix all this
                    fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliver View Post
                      Hi Folks,

We hope to have a new build today/tomorrow for folks to test.
                      Excellent!

Comment

Hello everyone,

The May UDK Preview Build is now available. If you would like to help test the preview build, please submit your request to developer.relations [at] epicgames [dot] com.

Thanks!

Sean

Comment

Nice. Email sent. i only just started a project after years of wanting to, i might aswel start with the most up to date.
                          - i tested all the rest :0

Many Thanks

Comment

Thanks - I'm downloading the build now - I can start testing the build once the change-list is posted so I know what to test

Cheers
                            William

Comment

iAds appear at the bottom as they are supposed to (on my game at least) on a development build.
                              will be submitting an update to apple later today.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the Facebook login bug has been addressed please?

Comment

Working...
                                X