Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overview of stuff that got broken [FEB - AUG 2014 Version] CRITICAL BUGS WITH iOS 8!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh, I've just tested the static mesh memory usage in my app and it is indeed going up by about 1.1Mb every time I transition levels.
    It does this in the mobile previewer and on an iDevice.
    The other stats seem ok.

Comment

"interim build (March 2014)"
      ?
      where is this?

my game is done and ready to go, apart from not being able to buy a udk license and these bugs of course.
      kinda having some regrets atm going with this engine tbh.

Comment

Pauliver announced it in this thread:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-App-REJECTED!

You need to email developer.relations@epicgames.com for access to a build on an FTP server

Comment

ah right i missed that one
          thank you

Comment

Originally posted by awwuwei View Post
            There is another big problem on memory leakage of static mesh. when use these commonds such as "open" or "restartlevel", the total memory usage
            of the static mesh in the persistent level will become biger and biger. you can observe this by type command "stat memory". And more static meshs more memory leakage , in our game, there could be more than 4 M memory increase after open a same level. So, our game become very unstable and ready to turned off .
            I updated the list.

Comment

Does manually doing an "obj gc" help with the staticmesh memory?

Comment

I use the ForceGarbageCollection Kismet node as part of all my level loading/unloading sequences - is that any different from what you are suggesting?

UPDATE: Just tested calling ForceGarbageCollection from the command line via an exec fn - didn't make any difference that I could see.

I thought this bug had been fixed in a previous build?

Comment

Was also wondering if anyone has had issues with updating leader boards on GameCenter?
                  I've had them working in the past but now it doesn't seem to be sending the correct data through. I have at least 3 accounts sending data after each level completion but all the leader boards say each account is top of the leader board with a value of 0 for the score. This has been the same for over a week now (plenty of time for iTunes Connect to have updated with the changes)

Wondering if its something I may have messed up while updating to the February build or if its to do with the bugs currently being worked on?

Comment

I've just had a look at mine and the leaderboard scores seem to be reported properly on iOS 6 & 7
                    I've got a problem with iOS7 achievements though - in the game summary page it will say something like 440 out of 1000 points, but then when you go to the game achievements tab is says 0 points and none of the completed icons appear. I think this is an actual Game Center bug though based on some Googling - so it's hard to confirm if it's working 100%

UPDATE:
                    I've just created a new test user account for GameCenter and run through some of my game - leaderboards and achievements are working fine for me (iOS7 test).
                    So I'm pretty sure the bugs related to above are GameCenter specific - probably something to do with upgrading to iOS7.

Comment

Ok, thanks for testing that out for us WilliamDocherty.
                      Must have missed something in the build transfer

UPDATE:
                      Also in regards to your Achievement problem, I just checked my Achievements tab and its showing up with the correct achievement point total, so might be a Game Center issue on your end possibly?

Comment

I just want to know how things are going with the bug fixes, is there any estimate on when you are able to release a build? I know I can request an intern if I need, but I prefer to wait for a proper build if it is to be released within the next month or so.

Those of you who use an intern build, how are the current progress with facebook and iCloud bug fixes?

Comment

HI

I'm using the interim build & ripped out Facebook and iCloud support. I'm also a bit concerned now that (despite my last post above) achivements may not be getting registered properly with Game Center after all. I've had a couple not work after quitting out the game and restarting - I've not had time yet to go back and verify/narrow down exactly what happened.

Cheers
                          William

Comment

About the achievement stuff, I often notice that achievements and leaderboards in general (in other non-udk games) doesn't update properly, it may show a score in one menu, and something else in another. So I don't think that has anything to do with UDK.

Regarding "ripped out Facebook and iCloud support", does that mean you removed it (from your game), or that you got it to work? That wording may be interpreted in both ways

Comment

I'm also hoping for an official build before I try upgrade to Feb (I'm still 3-4 months out from release but waiting for the build before having a proper crack at facebook & gamecenter stuff, don't want to do things twice).

Comment

Hey WilliamDocherty, I took a look at the Achievements in my game and I cant seem to replicate your problem on my end. Could also be something to do with the Interim Build you are using? I am currently using Feb build still.

Got an extension from Apple a few month ago now to keep my stuff on their servers before uploading my teams game, do hope this new fixed build gets released relatively soon I know its hard for ETA's on these sorts of things but would we be looking at weeks or months as a rough estimate @Pauliver? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X