Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overview of stuff that got broken [FEB - AUG 2014 Version] CRITICAL BUGS WITH iOS 8!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've updated the first post based on current status. Please tell me if anything is wrong or you would like to have something added in the list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If possible to take in consideration(making updates),options for the future iphone/pad when it goes out and it will be soon i think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    WilliamDocherty says it works on ios 8.
    dont know for the facebook stuff.

however, the main focus of one of my games in the store has been broken, cars are confirmed by at least 2 users to crash the device on ios 6,7 and 8
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ug%29-Vehicles
    i ask some folks to look into this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WilliamDocherty says it works on ios 8.
    dont know for the facebook stuff.

however, the main focus of one of my games in the store has been broken, cars are confirmed by at least 2 users to crash the device on ios 6,7 and 8
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ug%29-Vehicles

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Guys,

Just checking in. Did the latest August build fix everything? And work now with iOS 8?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Graylord View Post
    Can anyone confirm the latest test build works? Seeing how people suddenly went silent, it seems like something changed.
    And I am seeing people who are asking about things for their deployed games. So some people have been able to get their games working.
    silently waiting and wondering if things will ever be fixed, no point updating to august build as my game uses vehicles and they cause the app to crash.
    wow didnt know how bad the mac situation was.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    August UDK, for my project -
    • Works fine on PC, no problems
    • Works on iOS 8, Facebook and Gamecenter working (I don't use Facebook friends lists or vehicles - which folk are reporting as broken and causing crashes respectively). Not actually submitted my updated build to Apple yet, so still room for something going wrong there I suppose.
    • Broken completely on MAC (confirmed by dev support) - crashes at launch, shaders are missing from the build which can't be built on MAC - been fixed at Epic, but needs a new UDK release. Couple of other annoying bugs persist as per other MAC thread.

Not tested the memory leak "bug" given that we were informed it's not really a leak, more of a reporting error - it doesn't seem to have caused me any problems either way

Hope that's helpful

Cheers
    William

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone confirm the latest test build works? Seeing how people suddenly went silent, it seems like something changed.
    And I am seeing people who are asking about things for their deployed games. So some people have been able to get their games working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Made a new thread about the iOS 8 issue. You never know what Epic reads. https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...7#post31877787

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could it be an issue with the beta version of iOS8 itself, and not due to UE3 specifically?
    I searched around and saw that there were quite a few major apps crashing with iOS8.

If there is something that Infinity Blade's developers can do to get by the problem, I hope the developers can share it here, since I (like others here) have a huge investment in an app that's nearing completion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a quick update for those wondering about the app icon showing as blank or wireframe in the devices iCloud Usage manager in Settings. It shows up perfectly fine once you game has been downloaded via the App Store

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I actually hope it is and Apple somehow fixes it on their side, but i'am not too optimistic. The Infinity Blade devs said on twitter that they are working with Apple to make sure all their games run on iOS8, but that could mean they are doing an update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could it be an issue with the beta version of iOS8 itself, and not due to UE3 specifically?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
    Anyone tested with ios 8 lately? There have been some updates the last few weeks.
    Yep, it stil crashes on startup with iOS8 beta 4. This happens with all UE3 games, including Infinity Blade.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone tested with ios 8 lately? There have been some updates the last few weeks.

Which version of UDK was the most stable (we just started with the latest when we saw these issues)?

Our game is still at such an early phase that we can quickly port it to an older version. Was there a release where most of the features work?
    Stay away from UDK while you still are on a early phase. As soon as apple make some big iOS changes, functions in your app might break without you being able to do anything about it, other than waiting for Epic to fix it (which might take months, or never happen).

It would be nice if epic could confirm that they are fixing the ios 8 bug before ios 8 is out. We are too afraid to schedule a release before it is confirmed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X