Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distortion on Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Distortion on Mobile

    The release notes for the February version says that we now can use distortion on mobile. Have anyone tried it? I sat Distortion=TRUE in the configs and added a material with distortion on the level, but it isn't visible to me at all. Does it only work of specific devices? Is there any settings I missed?

    #2
    Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
    The release notes for the February version says that we now can use distortion on mobile. Have anyone tried it? I sat Distortion=TRUE in the configs and added a material with distortion on the level, but it isn't visible to me at all. Does it only work of specific devices? Is there any settings I missed?
    In mobile previewer you see it ?

    Comment


      #3
      No it isn't visible in previewer, only in the editor.

      Comment


        #4
        It work on my ipad 4

        Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
          No it isn't visible in previewer, only in the editor.
          Don't trust the previewer, test on the devices.

          Comment


            #6
            Hey, is there anyone here that can give me an example?
            I can't get it to work. Works using the PC configuration (not mobile), but in mobile mode/previewer it doesn't work, and I already tried on my iPad 2 but nothing happens (there is just some random lag, but nothing changes at all).

            I changed the .ini file (Engine > Config > BaseSystemSettings.ini) to enable distortion, but I don't know how to setup, there is no options on the Material Editor. I can only see a node on the material network called Distortion, this works on PC, but since the mobile don't uses the Material Network, how do I setup it?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Psyke View Post
              Hey, is there anyone here that can give me an example?
              I can't get it to work. Works using the PC configuration (not mobile), but in mobile mode/previewer it doesn't work, and I already tried on my iPad 2 but nothing happens (there is just some random lag, but nothing changes at all).

              I changed the .ini file (Engine > Config > BaseSystemSettings.ini) to enable distortion, but I don't know how to setup, there is no options on the Material Editor. I can only see a node on the material network called Distortion, this works on PC, but since the mobile don't uses the Material Network, how do I setup it?

              I have the exact same situation and question. Except im trying to make it run on a Ipad 4, idk if there's an example material i can use or learn from.

              Comment


                #8
                Has anyone been able to do distortion on mobile yet? I do really need this feature in my mobile game. It's crucial. A simple example is enough. Thank all!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by brianlin1992 View Post
                  Has anyone been able to do distortion on mobile yet? I do really need this feature in my mobile game. It's crucial. A simple example is enough. Thank all!
                  We didn't use it yet so I don't really know, but I think you will have a newer device for it to work (maybe iphone 5+ etc). Also, do not trust the previewer.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X