Distortion on Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distortion on Mobile

The release notes for the February version says that we now can use distortion on mobile. Have anyone tried it? I sat Distortion=TRUE in the configs and added a material with distortion on the level, but it isn't visible to me at all. Does it only work of specific devices? Is there any settings I missed?

Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
    The release notes for the February version says that we now can use distortion on mobile. Have anyone tried it? I sat Distortion=TRUE in the configs and added a material with distortion on the level, but it isn't visible to me at all. Does it only work of specific devices? Is there any settings I missed?
    In mobile previewer you see it ?

Comment

No it isn't visible in previewer, only in the editor.

Comment

It work on my ipad 4

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
          No it isn't visible in previewer, only in the editor.
          Don't trust the previewer, test on the devices.

Comment

Hey, is there anyone here that can give me an example?
            I can't get it to work. Works using the PC configuration (not mobile), but in mobile mode/previewer it doesn't work, and I already tried on my iPad 2 but nothing happens (there is just some random lag, but nothing changes at all).

I changed the .ini file (Engine > Config > BaseSystemSettings.ini) to enable distortion, but I don't know how to setup, there is no options on the Material Editor. I can only see a node on the material network called Distortion, this works on PC, but since the mobile don't uses the Material Network, how do I setup it?

Comment

Originally posted by Psyke View Post
              Hey, is there anyone here that can give me an example?
              I can't get it to work. Works using the PC configuration (not mobile), but in mobile mode/previewer it doesn't work, and I already tried on my iPad 2 but nothing happens (there is just some random lag, but nothing changes at all).

I changed the .ini file (Engine > Config > BaseSystemSettings.ini) to enable distortion, but I don't know how to setup, there is no options on the Material Editor. I can only see a node on the material network called Distortion, this works on PC, but since the mobile don't uses the Material Network, how do I setup it?

I have the exact same situation and question. Except im trying to make it run on a Ipad 4, idk if there's an example material i can use or learn from.

Comment

Has anyone been able to do distortion on mobile yet? I do really need this feature in my mobile game. It's crucial. A simple example is enough. Thank all!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlin1992 View Post
                  Has anyone been able to do distortion on mobile yet? I do really need this feature in my mobile game. It's crucial. A simple example is enough. Thank all!
                  We didn't use it yet so I don't really know, but I think you will have a newer device for it to work (maybe iphone 5+ etc). Also, do not trust the previewer.

Comment

Working...
                  X