iAd banner position in feb 2014 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iAd banner position in feb 2014 build

Hi! The iAd banner now appears in the left-hand-side top corner (half-screen width) instead
    of at the bottom (full-screen width). Can this be adjusted somewhere?
    The game orientation is normal landscape.

Thanks!

It seems to display the iAd for the portrait orientation even if your app uses the landscape orientation. This is really weird. There seems to be no way to change it inside Uscript. The onclicked and onclosed events don't seem to be working aswell.

Comment

maybe it's related to the portrait issue:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ruary-2014-UDK

Comment

Yes just got iAds setup and working fine before moving to latest UDK. Hoping it might get sorted soon.

Comment

Having the same problem. This is delaying a release for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0800.PNG.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	3250711

Comment

Hello,

We have a build in testing that should resolve this issues. Please contact: Developer dot Relations at EpicGames dot com and we can get you access to it, to help us test.

For those that wish to wait until the build is out of testing (and possibly has additional fixes in it) we will let everyone know when the build is out of testing.

Comment

Still no news about the solution how to fix the iAd orientation in Landscape mode?

Comment

you can email epic and get a test build of udk with the banner position fixed. although the whole iad system in it still seems somewhat messed up.

Comment

thanks. I'll do it. btw, it seems that udk is truly dead. poor support and restricted only to registred developers

Comment

Well, can anybody confirm that iAd works on May build? My app just uploaded to the app store and for the first time I put an iAd banner on it. When I test app on my iPhone it worked fine and showed the sample iAd.

But when downloaded my app from the app store, and checked it on 2 devices I noticed the iAd doesn't appear at all. Well, it appears only at the beginning of each map / level for maybe half a second and it's only "white banner". Is it normal?

I've read that even if I have done everything right, I can still have no ads from the iAd network. That Apple has some criteria to decide which apps will get ads and which ads they will get. Can anybody enlighten me???

Comment

from looking at the stats on itunes connect for my games looks like iAds work for a very small percentage of users.
                      however, they do not work on any of our test devices.
                      no idea why they dont work for everyone,
                      could or could not have something to do with the ios version, ios 6.x do not seem to get any ads apart from an occasional millisecond flash of a white banner.
                      also once an iad request has been sent to apple via ShowBanner(), HideBanner() has no effect and the ad will be shown regardless.

Comment

Yes just got iAds setup and working fine

Comment

Sorry for late reply. Long expected leave.

So, after 2 days iAd started working. But I think, as well as tegleg wrote, they work only for limited number of users. Max 20 -30 %. Besides, Ads don't show in some countries, China for instance. There are only requests, but not a single impression.

Comment

Not sure if this could be part of the problem or not but when using iAD in other engines the fill rate is usually pretty low (I have heard reports that it can be as low as 15%) so it is best to fall back onto another Ad provider such as AdMob when iAd fails to receive an Ad. Although I do not think it is possible to do so in UDK, I might be wrong. So it may or may not be an issue with UDK itself and rather an issue with iAD. Again I could be wrong, some of you may have experienced a higher fill rate prior to the Feb/May build.

Comment

Working...
                            X