Add Rotation To Left Stick From Jazz Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Rotation To Left Stick From Jazz Tutorial

I have created a control scheme identical to the UDK Jazz Jackrabbit tutorial in Kismet.

However, I want the left stick to do both the movement and rotation... until the right stick is pressed. In Kismet, how do I override the left stick's input when the right stick is pressed? (for the rotation that is)

I asked a question here: http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/que...ompare-vectors

And you can see the solution I came up with... I would just like to know if there is a better solution. Thank you for you help.

in script i did this with a few conditional statements that test for input values to establish priority, so i imagine you could do the same in kismet. run your output vectors from your mobile looks through a conditional. left thumbstick will set the player rotation if the right thumbstick vectors are 0, else right thumbstick takes priority to set player rotation.

Comment

Hey paradoc, i thought to do exactly the same thing. However, I don't know how you compare vectors in kismet. I learning unrealscript right now as that is the proper way of doing things with UDK. I'm not particularly fond of kismet but I wanted to gradually learn unrealscript.

Comment

You can compare vectors by extracting the xyz float data from the get vector node in the kismet math category, but as you mentioned, if you know unreal script, it's a little easier just to write out the code.

Comment

Working...
        X