Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is epic official documentation outdated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is epic official documentation outdated?

I'm a beginner and I was reading this book (Unreal Development Kit Game Proramming with unrealScript [Rachel Cordone]), but after about 180 pages, I decided to switch to an iOS related book (Beginning iOS 3D Unreal Games Development by Robert Chin) ... but the problem that a lot of the codes are outdated.

I'm interested in learning UnreaScript for iOS development not kizmet .... and I can't find any up to date book or tutorial. so should I stick with Robert Chin book and try to fix the bugs or should I dig into the documentation?
    I heard that the documentation is also outdated ... if so , what is the best way to learn Unrealscript ?

I recently read Rachel's book as well, and would say that it is best to fully read it - as a starting point - then move on to doing research about iOS development using the UDN documentation. A lot of the stuff you learn about creating AI states, custom Kismet nodes, and other features are done from scratch when following through the book, and teaches you the basics that are applicable very much in iOS development as it is for PC. The UDN documentation about 'Mobile Input Zones' is the most important page you need to read for iOS development as it details how to program taking touch input from players for use in your game.

You can find the game I made following the UDK book in my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow004 View Post
      I recently read Rachel's book as well, and would say that it is best to fully read it - as a starting point - then move on to doing research about iOS development using the UDN documentation. A lot of the stuff you learn about creating AI states, custom Kismet nodes, and other features are done from scratch when following through the book, and teaches you the basics that are applicable very much in iOS development as it is for PC. The UDN documentation about 'Mobile Input Zones' is the most important page you need to read for iOS development as it details how to program taking touch input from players for use in your game.

You can find the game I made following the UDK book in my signature.
      thanx man ... and nice game by the way ... I will check out the chapter about kismet nodes , but about AI states , are u talking about the chapter that talks about states? states are a basic feature of UnrealScript ,u don't need to extend any thing.

Comment

Working...
      X